Freedom. Responsibility. Prosperity.
We are a politically independent research institute commited to disseminating the ideas of the Austrian School of Economics. We are convinced that creating and sustaining prosperity is based on individual freedom and personal responsibility. We make our case to the general public through our events, analyses and studies, and thereby provide promising solutions to the most pressing issues.
Some of our activities are:
- Studies, often together with other research institutes
- The Free Market Road Show – an annual series of events taking place in up to 45 cities
- The European Resource Bank Meeting is gathering think tanks every year furthering cooperation and sharing results and best practices
- The Austrian Economics Conference – presents latest research and enables discussion on every aspect of the Austrian School of Economics
- Learn more about our mission
- Learn more about the Austrian School of economics
- Apply for an internship
- Share your ideas in the commentary – send us your articles
- Contact us
Defending the Undefendable is a “dangerous” book about the commercial society's unsung "heroes," but not necessarily saints, that will challenge your convictions.
While the U.S. and the euro area appear to have avoided the worst, much depends on how central banks will react to unanticipated news in the coming months.
March 6th, 2023
American politicians like Biden and Trump refuse to deal with Social Security despite its $56 trillion cash-flow deficit, but Sweden offers a solution with personal retirement accounts.
February 27th, 2023
When it comes to agriculture, there does not need to be a trade-off of profit versus planet. New Zealand has demonstrated this.
February 23rd, 2023
Welcome to the AEC!
Opinions and Discussions
Event Videos and Keynotes
Find more videos:
Let us tell you what we are up to!
Sign up to our newsletter!
March 16th, 2023