The AEC’s fundamental goal is to promote a free, responsible and prosperous society. Through education and improving public understanding of key economic questions, the AEC promotes the idea of a free market economy and the ideal of a free society.
Austrian Economics Center
Phone: +43 1 505 13 49 32
December 31st, 2019
The Most Read Articles of 2019
In 2019, our blog reached new heights, tripling visitor numbers compared to 2018 (itself the best year at that point). This would have not been possible without our loyal readership and we are looking forward to improve even more next year. Here we present the ten most popular articles which we posted in 2019 as well as the ten most read articles in 2019 which we already published before 2019 commenced.
Thanks for your support!
Most Read Articles of 2019 at AustrianCenter.com
1. ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Shows the Problem with Inequality Propaganda – Mary Lucia Darst (January 8)
2. Why the Socialist Government of Albania Is Not a Success Story – Eden Kollçinaku (February 4)
3. For a Virtuous Free Trade: Edmund Burke’s Economic Vision – Kai Weiss (July 9)
4. The EU’s Push to Abolish Unanimity on Tax Policy Should Be Rejected – Kai Weiss (January 23)
5. Why We Need Hayek Today – Kai Weiss (May 8)
6. Wittgenstein, Hayek, and a Biography Never Finished – Kai Weiss (October 9)
7. “Free” Health Care Is the Wrong Path for Albania – Eden Kollçinaku (April 23)
8. Chernobyl and the Sacrifices We Must Honor – Konstantin Zhukov (June 6)
9. A Digital Tax Is Still a Bad Idea – Kai Weiss (February 26)
10. The Importance of Entrepreneurs: An Interview with Deirdre McCloskey – Deirdre McCloskey and Kai Weiss (January 10)
Most Read Articles in 2019 Which Were Originally Published in Previous Years at AustrianCenter.com
1. Shattering the Myth of Nordic Socialism – Kai Weiss
2. The Fight Against the Cult of Che Guevara – Federico Fernandez
3. The Cantillon Effect and Populism – Heike Lehner
4. The War on Uber Continues – Now in Vienna – Kai Weiss
5. Do Rich People Benefit More from Capitalism than the Poor? – Estanislao Fuentes Benitez
6. Gun Control Laws Have Failed Latin America – Jose Niño
7. 30 Years After Bruges: Margaret Thatcher’s Vision for Europe Revisited – Kai Weiss
8. The Japanese Bus Driver Strike and Meme-o-nomics – Simon Sarevski
9. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who Has the Best Tax System of Them All – Kai Weiss
10. The “Gender Wage Gap” Is as Real as Unicorns – John Phelan
View all posts
The views expressed on austriancenter.com are not necessarily those of the Austrian Economics Center.
Do you like the article?
We are glad you do! Please consider donating if you want to read more articles like this one.
How Prices Keep Us from Squandering Resources
September 10th, 2018
The Amazing Persistence of the Movie Theater
August 21st, 2014
European Resource Bank Meeting
May 22nd, 2013
Our Sentimental Humanitarian Age
September 19th, 2014
Tax Pressure Costs France its Entrepreneurial Life-force
January 27th, 2014